Reconnecting with DAC

Using USB isolation for audio
ericuco

Reconnecting with DAC

Post by ericuco »

Just received my 7054-DK yesterday and having an issue reconnecting to my DAC (T+A DAC8 DSD).

I can make the connection between my computer (fitlet2 - Linux OS) to the 7054 to the DAC and everything works. However, whenever I power down my DAC for the night and then power up the DAC the next day, it is not automatically reconnected (blicking lights on the 7054). If I unplug the USB cable from the 7054 input and then reinsert the cable, the connect is made.

I have tried both the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports on the fitlet2 as well as two different USB cables on the input side but the issue persists. On the 7054 output, the USB cable is a Supra. The DAC uses the Amanero USB board which has been known to be finicky.

Without the 7054 in place, I have not had any issues for years now getting the DAC to reconnect to the fitlet2.

Any suggestions? If I can't get this resolved, then I will probably return the 7054, unfortunately.

Thanks,

Eric

Daniel (Intona)

Re: Reconnecting with DAC

Post by Daniel (Intona) »

The blinking lights show that the 7054 is stuck in Full Speed mode and didn't reveice a proper reset from the DAC. Placing a hub in between should help. Because a hub can simply switch modes after a timeout while the 7054 with its two isolation sides must rely on proper signalling on both sides.
Daniel (Intona)

ericuco

Re: Reconnecting with DAC

Post by ericuco »

Daniel - Thanks for the assistance with this issue.

Fortunately, I happen to have a small USB hub as well as a USB A to USB B adapter to connect the 7054 and hub together so no additional USB cable needed.

I can now turn the DAC on & off and the light on the 7054 remains green (vs flashing).