"Device not recognized" Issues

Intona 7054 and 7055 series
LSch

"Device not recognized" Issues

Post by LSch »

Hi Everyone,

I am working on programming setup which incorporates some isolated and other non-isolated USB devices. I am using an Intona 7055-C as we have both USB2 and USB3 devices. I have found that with the isolator the USB connections downsteam of it come up with a "USB Device not recognized error" on some PCs. Other PCs it all works fine.

This is the setup.
PC --> powered USB Hub --> 7055-C --> bus powered Managed USB hub
______________________'---> bus powered Managed USB hub

I have been doing a bunch of testing to identify the problem and found the following:
1. There are no issues when the 7055-C is removed.
2. When the 7055-C is added if either of the managed hubs is powered externally it causes the device not recognized error.
3. I have tried removing all the USB devices on the hubs and adding them in one at a time and it didn't make a difference
4. I have tried adding power to the 7055-C aux and it didn't help.
5. With and without the 7055-C I am getting 4.8 to 5V on the managed USB hubs.

The hubs we are using are:
[External Link Removed for Guests]
and
[External Link Removed for Guests]

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could look at to improve the reliability of this setup?

Cheers,
Chris

Edit: had some issues getting indentation to work on the setup diagram. Ignore the underscores they were meant to be white space

Daniel (Intona)

Re: "Device not recognized" Issues

Post by Daniel (Intona) »

When the issue happens, is the hub itself still recognized by the OS?
Do the devices actually use the USB 3.0 mode at 5 GBps?
Daniel (Intona)

LSch

Post by LSch »

Hi Daniel,

Sorry for the slow response, I have been caught up on other problems. When the issue happens it is most commonly the hub which comes up as the device not recognized. The hub uses the USB SuperSpeed and specifies it as USB3.2 Gen 1. Is it possible that this is not compatible with the 7055-C USB3.0?

Christian

Daniel (Intona)

Post by Daniel (Intona) »

I have observed this with several hub products and I don't know why this happens. What I also observed that those hubs worked fine with 7055-D.
Daniel (Intona)